Saturday, October 22, 2011

9-Run-Run

I have to confess... This post isn't actually about food. (Don't hate me!)  It's just to tell you all that I did it -- I walked my first half-marathon today, in the 9-Run-Run!  Whoo hoo!  It started off cold -- just a couple of degrees above freezing, and went on to only warm up marginally.  There was wind, and a little rain, but nothing worth getting discouraged over. But I had great company, and a great time.  Overall, I'd call the day a success.  I'm sore, but not injured, and tired, but not exhausted.  It's a good pain, I guess :)

I've got a new personal best to beat for the next race.  Well, maybe not the next race -- it's tomorrow morning. But for the next half marathon, at least!

Call me crazy, but I'm heading to bed early tonight.  I have to be up for a 5k tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment