Monday, December 5, 2011

Molasses Crinkles

Tomorrow's a cookie exchange at work.  Tomorrow I have to bring five dozen cookies, in packages of four, to divide between my coworkers in exchange for their delights.  I'm excited! And a little afraid.  Some of them are bakers, like I am, and some, very much aren't.  But, such is life, yes?  I'll have lots of goodies to freeze and save for Christmas dinner and the many parties in between.

If I only needed one or two dozen, I'd probably have made something fancier, but for bulk cookies, Hershey's Molasses Crinkles have yet to let me down.  They're easy, taste great, and make five dozen even without doubling the recipe.  Perfect!

The recipe was even easy enough I could make it up, wash the dishes, bag the cookies and blog it all in one night!  What could be easier than that?

Molasses Crinkles
Makes:  approximately 60 cookies

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour*
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup Sucanat
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 2/3 cups (10 oz bag) Reese's Peanut Butter chips

Directions:
Stir together the flour and baking soda. 
Beat together the butter and sugar. 
Add in the egg and molasses, beating until smooth.  Stir the flour into the butter mixture and add in the peanut butter chips. 
Cover and refrigerate one hour.
 Heat oven to 350F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.  Shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Place onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake cookies 8-10 minutes. 
Remove immediately from cookie sheets onto wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!
* I used my regular whole wheat flour because I was out of the white whole wheat... I don't plan to do this again... the substitution is too obvious, so I'll wait for a refill on my white whole wheat!

Source: adapted from Hershey's Recipe Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment