Sunday, January 29, 2012

Belly-Stuffing Peanut Butter Oatmeal

This weekend I was in my kitchen a lot.  But, since some of the recipes won't be delivered to their recipients until later on this week, I'm not blogging them tonight.  You'll have to wait!

Today I'm sharing an oatmeal recipe.  It does as it promises -- it's filling, and satisfying enough to stave off morning grazing until I get around to making lunch.  It makes for a relatively quick, easy Sunday brunch recipe, and can be topped with whatever tempts you that morning as sweetener.  I chose maple syrup, because peanut butter and maple syrup belong together, in my mind...

Belly-Stuffing  Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Makes: 6 servings

Ingredients:
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup water
4 Tbsp natural peanut butter
sweetener of choice (agave, maple syrup, etc.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a bowl, combine oats and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat eggs and add milk, water, and peanut butter. Add to the oats, pour mixture into dish, and bake for 20 minutes.

Drizzle with 2 tablespoons agave syrup or maple syrup to serve.

Enjoy!
 Source: Women's Health Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment