Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oat Bran with Agave-Cinnamon Apples

Happy New Year! 

I've got to say, after living with this cold the past few days, I wasn't sad to see 2011 pass and take my cold away with it.  I had a nice, quiet New Year's Eve at a house-party with friends, and was very glad in the end that feeling sick hadn't kept me at home.  I am disappointed though to have missed my Resolution Run.  Oh well... maybe a goal for next December?

To start myself off on the right foot in this new year, I picked a clean, easy, one-person portioned meal.  It's a bit messy, but it's not anything too complicated for my still semi-foggy brain to handle.  It's got apples and cinnamon, so it's already won me over for a breakfast food, plus add in the peanut butter and I was sold!  It's a good-for-me breakfast that suits my ambition for the new year.

 Oat Bran with Agave-Cinnamon Apples
Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients:
1/2 an apple, chopped small
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp dried cranberries
1/3 cup oat bran
1 cup water
1 Tbsp natural peanut butter

Directions:
In a small pot on medium heat, add the chopped apples, cinnamon and agave. Cook until the apples are slightly soften and the agave has created a syrup, about 4 minutes.
Add 1 cup of water and the oat bran to the pot. Bring to a boil and stir every few seconds until the oat bran starts to thicken. Add the cranberries and cook for another minute. 

 
To serve top with peanut butter and a couple more cranberries. (Okay, so I cheated an used more than 1 Tbsp... I really like peanut butter!)
 Enjoy!

Source: Fallon's Cucina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment