Thursday, January 5, 2012

Roasted Sweet Potato Fries

Okay, the 'shine' of being back to work has worn off... today was definitely a work day.  But that's all good.  That's how it goes, right?  I got in a great workout though, despite going in thinking I was too tired.  Those are the best ones! I love the little zip of energy I get from a good workout.

Today's recipe is a healthier version of french fries... it's another side dish, because I wanted something simple.  Paired with a nice sirloin steak from my parent's farm, and some fresh steamed vegetables, it was a great supper.  Really simple to make.  The longest part was waiting on the oven -- which provided the right amount of time to cook my steak.  Yum!


Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 F.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Cut sweet potatoes into approximately 16 pieces.

In a small bowl, mix together the oil and chili powder.  Using a pastry brush, coat each potato slice with the oil mixture and place on the baking sheet.
Bake 30 minutes, turning wedges several times during roasting so they cook evenly.
Enjoy!

Source: adapted from Best of Clean Eating Magazine, page 149.

No comments:

Post a Comment