Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sunflower Cranberry Oatmeal

I like oatmeal.  You may remember the oat branthe porridge or the baked oatmeal?  I eat oatmeal a lot.  It's easy, it's cheap, and it can be made in large quantities so I don't have to cook it up every morning in my rush out the door.  I fills me up, warms me up, and is good for me.  What's not to love?

Thing is, oatmeal's not sexy.  It's not a gourmet meal.  It's not something I can take fancy pictures of and have you drooling over.  Nope.  Oatmeal's one of those things you either love or you don't... and even though I do, sometimes I get bored with it.  So what's a girl to do?

The lucky thing with oatmeal is it's so versatile.  It's like my favourite jeans -- it goes with nearly everything.  I can make it sweet or savoury.  I can have it hot or cold.  I can add milk, or water, or yogurt.  I can add fruits or eggs.  I can pretty well go nuts, and then add them too!  With a little help from with world wide web, that's what I'm doing today. 

Sunflower Cranberry Oatmeal
Makes: 1 serving

Ingredients:
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp dried cranberries
1 cup 1% milk

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a bowl.

Stir.
 Cover, and let sit overnight.
Enjoy!

What could be easier than that?

Source: Women's Health Magazine Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment