Monday, February 6, 2012

Dijon Chicken

I made this recipe on the weekend, with a few substitutions because I didn't have the ingredients.  The recipe didn't really turn out.  I tried again tonight, and I'm so glad I did.  It turned out great!  I'm glad I tried it again, with the right ingredients.  Funny how when I make it like it's supposed to be made, that it works out, huh?

I'm looking forward to a week of normal.  No more cake course, no social commitments, nada.  This week I can do as I please, and this week, I wish to cook!

Dijon Chicken with Spinach & Lemon Rice
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
2/3 cup brown rice
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
2 packed cups spinach, coarsely chopped
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest

Directions:
Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.

Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with sea salt, pepper, and paprika.  In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium-high.  Add chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until cooked through.  Remove from skillet and transfer to a large plate.  Cover and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add sour cream, Dijon, lemon juice, and tarragon.  Stir until heated through, scraping up browned bits from bottom and sides of skillet with a wooden spoon, about 20 seconds.  Uncover chicken and spoon 1 Tbsp sour cream mixture over top, dividing evenly.  Cover and set aside.
Heat remaining sour cream mixture on medium.  Add rice, spinach, lemon zest, 1/4 cup water and remaining 1/4 tsp sea salt.  Stir gently until spinach is wilted, about 20 seconds. 
Spoon onto serving plates and top with chicken, dividing evenly.
Enjoy!

Source: Clean Eating Magazine, March 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment