Friday, February 3, 2012

Pumpkin Ginger Nut Muffins

I have had this recipe photographed and sitting around for the perfect moment to post.  A week where I was too busy or sick, or drained of energy to cook.  The recipe's been sitting aside, patiently waiting for its opportunity to shine.  Then I forgot about it, oops!

But, January came and went, and all my week night time got sucked into my latest cake decorating class, so, alas, my recipe came to be needed.  I feel like I'm kind of cheating it by posting it as a stand-in. The recipe itself is post-worthy.  I've even made it more than once.  It's delicious, moist, and satisfying.  And since pumpkin isn't a normal February flavour, it'd probably do me a lot of good this time of year!  So please don't misinterpret this one as being a lesser recipe... it's just a side-effect of my busy schedule.

Pumpkin Ginger Nut Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup Sucanat
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt

1 cup pumpkin purée (canned or homemade)
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice

1 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp candied/crystallized ginger, chopped, optional (but better if it's there!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or paper liners. 

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs, water, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice.  Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Fold in the nuts and candied ginger, if using.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Cool the muffins on a wire cooling rack.

Enjoy!
Source: The Well-Fed Newlyweds.

No comments:

Post a Comment