Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rich Cocoa Crinkle Cookies

Today I crave chocolate... today I want chocolate.  I think.  But after a weekend of things like BeaverTails and great burgers, I'm window-shopping my cookbooks.  Today, wasn't a bad day.  Last week, I had a crummy work week, and this week isn't crummy.  But, it isn't great either... so I think I might want chocolate.  Maybe.

My solution is window-shopping.  I'm browsing recipes... I'm admiring the eye-candy that is my chocolate-based cookie stash. I made these over Christmas.  I made this recipe for my friend, because she's lactose intolerant and can't have all the treats the rest of us can.  So, I'm sharing this recipe with her today, and enjoying the eye-candy to help fix my chocolate sorta-craving.

Rich Cocoa Crinkle Cookies
Makes: about 6 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups whole-wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
powdered sugar

Directions:
Combine sugar and oil in a large bowl.  Add cocoa, beating until well blended.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir together flower, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.  Gradually add to cocoa mixture, beating well.

Cover; refrigerate until dough is firm enough to handle, at least 6 hours.

Heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. 

Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll in powdered sugar to coat and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly and tops are cracked.  Cool slightly.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  Cool completely.
Enjoy!

Source: Hershey's Recipe Collection p. 222.

No comments:

Post a Comment