Friday, March 16, 2012

Butterscotch Frosting

Maybe I should've just repeated the chocolate cake with mint buttercream and fondant.  Maybe I should have.  But what fun would that be?  I got curious, in prepping the icing for Dad's cake, and started dreaming up options.  What I found were two: butterscotch, and chocolate frosting.  And I couldn't choose... so I had to make both to decide between them which was better.  So, option 1: surprisingly harder to find than I imagined.  I had to google a recipe, because my books didn't have one... and I have a lot of books!

Butterscotch Frosting
Makes: about 2 cups

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup Sucanat
4 Tbsp milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar; bring to a boil over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in milk; bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cool to lukewarm. Gradually add powdered sugar. Beat until thick enough to spread.

Enjoy!
Source: slightly adapted from CD Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment