Thursday, March 8, 2012

Crunchy Baked Ginger Dill Salmon

I've had a good week.  I've been in work meetings nearly all week that have resulted in me getting a lot of new tasks.  It's been keeping me busy which is a great way to make the work day pass quickly.  Work meetings can be hit or miss... I know some will be productive, and others leave me more confused about whatever we were discussing than I was before the meeting.

Earlier this week, I started a new class at the gym and really enjoyed that, too.  I was going to top it off with a new recipe, because they rarely let me down.

Well, it was true, the recipe didn't let me down.  But I was so excited in getting it ready to post, that I accidentally deleted the folder off my camera and can't recover it, so the pictures are gone, gone, gone.  I'm so disappointed!  I mean really, how can I show you how great this recipe is, if you can't see the picture?
 
So, I cheated.  I bring you the photo from the book:
Credit: Donna Griffith (photo copied from The Daily Meal.)

The recipe really is good, I promise!

Crunchy Baked Ginger Dill Salmon
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp agave
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped fine
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup panko
Four 5 oz salmon fillets
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
4 cups baby spinach

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Prepare three containers (like small plates) for the breading process.  In one container, place the flour.  Whisk together the lime, agave, dill, ginger, chile, salt & pepper and pour it into the second plate.  Line the third with the panko. Bread salmon by dipping it into the flour, then lime mixture, then panko.  Coat both sides.  When all fillets are ready, bake in oven 10 - 15 minutes until flaky.

While fish is baking, pour remaining lime juice mixture into a small saucepan.  Mix with chicken broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.  Boil about one minute, until mixture thickens, then remove from heat.


Serve by lining each plate with 1 cup of spinach, then one baked fillet, then about 1 tablespoon of the lime sauce. 

Enjoy!

Source: slightly adapted from Tosca Reno, The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook 2, page 245.

No comments:

Post a Comment