Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cherry Chocolate Coconut Granola

I saw this recipe on Annie's Eats ages ago, and I have been itching for a reason to make it.  I get that it's not exactly "healthy", but there aren't any preservatives, so it's got to be better than store-bought, right? It's a sensory experience -- it smells delicious and looks good... it sucked me in, and this weekend, I gave in and made it.  Almost like I was possessed to, the need took over.

The recipe itself isn't especially difficult.  I might add a little more honey next time to get it to all stick together more, but it doesn't necessarily require any additional sweetener.  One of the hardest things about this recipe was actually finding dried cherries.  I was going to swap in dried cranberries if I couldn't find them, but really I'm glad I didn't.  The cherries are just tart enough to balance out the sweetness of the honey and chocolate; cranberries might be too sweet for this recipe, especially if you use sweetened coconut.

Cherry Chocolate Coconut Granola
Makes: approximately 14 cups

Ingredients:
Source:  Annie's Eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment