Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunflower-Coconut Snack Balls

I added a few more snacks into my rotation.  The bean dip I showed you the other day was one of them, and a really creamy mini quiche, that I'll post in a few days.  It comes by surprise every time, but it's amazing how much difference a little change can make, when it comes to busting out of the same-ol' same-ol' rut feeling.

This weekend I caught up with some friends I hadn't seen in a month or so, celebrated my birthday (in advance) and got in a nice morning walk.  Who could ask for a better weekend?  The best part -- it isn't over yet! I have tomorrow off, so I can celebrate my birthday by not working.  Whoo hoo!

Sunflower-Coconut Snack Balls
Makes: about 36 1/2 Tbsp sized balls

Ingredients:
1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup natural nut butter (I used peanut butter, no salt, no sugar)
1/2 cup carob
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

Directions:
Blend all items in a food processor, adding ingredients one at a time and blending well after each addition.

Using a 1/2 Tbsp measuring spoon, measure out each ball, roll in your hands to finish.

Balls can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge or freezer. I like the texture in the freezer... sort of like a cookie.

Enjoy!
Source: Rachel Hewitt, RHN.

No comments:

Post a Comment