Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry

I had a great weekend.  The kind of weekend that they're supposed to be.  I got things done, but wasn't swamped so much that I felt all I did was work.  I got to relax a little, spend time with people I enjoy, and see a little of Ottawa.  I even tried a Skor Cheesecake Beavertail, yum!  All in all, a good weekend.

To round off my weekend, an easy stir fry.  This recipe's good because I have time all day to thaw out the chicken and not be stuck like I would be on a weekday if I forgot.  There isn't really anything I don't normally have on hand in it, and it's adjustable to whatever you do have on hand.  In my case, I was out of broccoli, so I substituted Brussels sprouts, and it still came out yummy.  This is a great recipe if you're a big fan of ginger -- the taste comes through quite well.

Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds chicken, boneless, skinless
1 1/2 Tbsp soya sauce (low-sodium recommended)
1 Tbsp ginger root, grated
3 Tbsp olive, canola, or hemp oil
2 whole green peppers, diced
4 whole green onions, thinly sliced
1/3 cup vegetable or chicken broth, low-sodium
2 cups broccoli (or Brussels sprouts)
1 cup bean sprout, fresh
1 Tbsp cornstarch

Directions:
Cut chicken into cubes.  Marinate in soy sauce and ginger for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

In a non-stick skillet, heat oil on high heat.  Add chicken and stir fry for 3 minutes.  Add vegetables and stir fry for 1 minute.  Dissolve cornstarch into broth, then add to stir fry.  Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through.  Serve with rice if you please.

Enjoy!
 Source: Rachel Hewitt, RHN.

No comments:

Post a Comment