Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes, part II

Yesterday I posted the first of my two attempts at vanilla cupcakes.  Yesterday I showed you the recipe I considered more risky, because I didn't know if it would turn out.  One, because the batter was really runny and I didn't know if it would firm up enough, and two because it was my first shot at making anything by that blogger, so she and I didn't have an established history I could fall back on to reassure my baking nerves.

Today's recipe is from Annie's Eats.  Annie's recipes always turn out for me.  They always are ones I'd like to share, and are always ones I enjoy enough to make several times.  And this go, is a repeater for sure.  Annie, you never let me down!

Annie's Eats Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes: 2 dozen cupcakes

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cake flour
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups milk

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time.  Add vanilla and baking powder to mixture.  Combine flours in a bowl.  Alternatively add the dry ingredients and the milk to the batter, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. 
Fill lined cupcake tins with batter. 
Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Allow to cool 10 minutes in pan before transferring to cooling rack.
Enjoy!

Source:  Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment