Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing

I recently hosted a Pampered Chef party.  It was a lot of fun, with a great recipe to boot!  In all the preparation and excitement, I completely forgot I had a Pampered Chef recipe book from a previous party.  I found it shortly after the party and flipped through looking for something to eat.  It wasn't long before this one caught my eye.  With a few small variations, I got a great meal out of it!

I can't wait -- by Tuesday my new order of PC supplies should have arrived, and I'll be able to share with everyone!  As much as I want to enjoy this long weekend, I've got something to look forward to when it's time to get back to work.

Pecan-Crusted Chicken with Sweet Mustard Dressing
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
chicken:
1 egg white
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pecans
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb chicken breast
1/4 cup vegetable oil

dressing and greens:
1/4 cup peach preserves
2 Tbsp prepared stone-ground mustard
1 tsp cider vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups baby greens

Directions:
For chicken, lightly beat egg white, place into tray.  Finely chop pecans, place into second tray.  Combine salt and pepper in small bowl.  Slice or tenderize chicken breasts to make four equal servings.  Sprinkle cayenne pepper mixture over chicken.  Dip chicken into egg white then pecans, pressing pecans into chicken.

Add oil to 12-inch skillet; heat over medium-low 1 - 3 minutes or until simmering.  Cook chicken 2-3 minutes or until deep golden brown.  Turn chicken over; cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until centres of chicken are no longer pink.

Meanwhile, prepare the dressing.  Whisk together preserves, mustard, vinegar, salt, black pepper, pressed garlic and oil in a small bowl.

To serve, toss greens with 2 Tbsp of the dressing; divide among serving plates.  Drizzle remaining dressing around edges of plates.  Arrange chicken around each salad.

Enjoy!
Source: The Pampered Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment