Sunday, April 7, 2013

Butterscotch Pie

A couple of weeks ago, a friend mentioned she's making changes to her house, and it meant she was getting rid of some unused furniture, including her guy's futon.  Now, as someone who is in need of a guest bed-type arrangement, this immediately caught my attention.  While most people buy or sell to get things, we've made a different arrangement: pie.  That's right, pie.  I'm trading pies for the futon.  Over the course of the next month or so, I owe her guy 5 pies.  Lemon, apple, key lime, raspberry, and butterscotch.

Now, since I've previously blogged some pies, such as the raspberry pie, I'm not going to repeat all of them because where's the fun in that? What I will show you instead is this "cheater" butterscotch pie.  I was all prepared to make a really great all-homemade pie, you know, give it my all, and my friend told me that his favourite recipe is the one his mom used to make for him.  Lucky for me she knew his mom's secret: Shirriff & Tenderflake.  :)

It's a wonderful solution: he gets the pie he's craving, and I get an easy-peasy pie to make with no stress at all.  Love it!

Shirriff Butterscotch Pie
Makes:1 pie

Ingredients:
3 cups cold milk
1 package butterscotch cooked pudding & pie filling mix
1 pre-made pie crust (9" / 23 cm)

Directions:
Bake pie crust as directed on packaging.

In a saucepan, mix contents of pouch with milk.  Cook and stir constantly over medium heat until boiling.  Stir for 1 minute more, until thickened.
Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.
Pour mixture into 9" baked pie shell.  Chill for 3-4 hours.

Enjoy!
Source: Package instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment