Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Blueberry-lemon Yogurt Bread

It's no secret that I <3 Miranda Lambert, so this is perfect!  I've been sick all week... not so perfect, but it gives me time to catch up on reading my food blogs.  This hasn't been happening much lately, as cake decorating has pretty well taken over my life.  That, and since Clean Eating isn't putting out magazines anymore in Canada the sugar is winning for my attention.

Anyhoo, in scanning the blogs today, I came across this: a recipe Miranda shared in Self magazine.  Score!  I made it today, cold be damned.  My yogurt was going bad.  (I haven't been eating it because dairy makes congestion worse, so my milk's going bad too... boo!)

While I haven't actually tried it yet -- everything tastes like styrofoam at this point -- I expect it will taste good.  All signs point to yum, based on the ingredients, and I trust Miranda won't steer me wrong.  The only change I did was to substitute frozen blueberries for the raspberries because I wasn't about to go out to the store in my congestion, pyjamas, and day-old bedhead.

Enjoy! I will, as soon as this cold lets up.

Blueberry-lemon Yogurt Bread
Makes: 8 slices in one loaf

Ingredients:
vegetable oil cooking spray
2
cups all-purpose flour
2/3
cup sugar
1
tsp baking powder
1
tsp baking soda
1/2
tsp salt
1
cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2
large eggs, lightly beaten
4
Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
grated zest of 1 lemon
(or 1 tsp dried)
1
tsp vanilla extract
2
cups fresh or frozen blueberries

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°. Coat a 1-lb loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Combine yogurt, eggs, butter, zest and vanilla in a second bowl. Fold yogurt mixture into dry mixture; stir to combine completely. Gently fold in berries. Scrape batter evenly into loaf pan.

Bake until top is golden and springs back when you gently touch it, 55 - 65 minutes.


Enjoy!
Source: adapted from Self magazine via Eat Yourself Skinny.

No comments:

Post a Comment